Sunday, February 21, 2010

Golden Mushroom Steak

I'm all for any recipe where I can dump soup on something and bake it. haha  I think I got this recipe from Aunty Mary Ann

Ingredients:
- 1 pkg chuck steak or other CHEAP cut of steak
- 1 can Campbells golden mushroom soup ( no substitutes!)
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 can water
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes soy sauce
- 2 tsp liquid beef broth concentrate
- 1/4 cup lemon juice

Place steaks on bottom of a roasting pan . Spread soup ( undiluted) over steaks. Combine water, lemon juice, W sauce, soy sauce, liquid beef broth concentrate, and pour over the steak. Lay onion slices over top of steaks. Cover with tin foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. ( you might want to check halfway through to make sure it's not drying out. If it is add a bit more water)

Ps: I think I got this recipe from Aunty Mary Anne many years ago.

2 comments:

  1. When i saw Mushrooms....all i could thing of was...BLEH!!! Then i read all of the recipe and now im thinking...hmmm this sounds really good lol....gonna have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for the phone number Linda I will call you as I lost your number from a time and a time ago! I would love the canning jars if they are still available. Not sure when we will be coming into town. May be losing our phone by the 17th of March which means internet too. We are desperately looking for that pot of gold. I am sure there is one but where, which tree is it under?? anyways will talk to you real soon. Love yas

    ReplyDelete